Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Dishwasher Samsung DMT400RHS bought secondhand. Will run 5

Customer Question

Dishwasher Samsung DMT400RHS bought secondhand. Will run for about 5 minutes then stop. Error is Water Supply...replaced water intake valve. (flashing smart auto light)
What else do I do???? Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the valve is new, the flow meter in the inlet assembly is likely faulty.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should the water enter the dishwasher from the condensation vent on the side? When we started to run it with the door open, that is where the water was filling the bottom of the dishwasher at.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It enters at the left side, through that part I sent you the link to.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry. ill order the part and let you know if it works then! Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly, I installed the new part as you recommended. and I am still getting a water supply error. my previous dishwasher did not have this issue.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is water entering the machine even though the error appears?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It Trickles in through the vent of the part I just replaced.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

So when it errors out, is it full of water or very low?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
very low. it only runs for about a minute before it error and drains.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is there good water pressure to the valve from the home's supply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the plumber came out and checked the drain and water supply. bc we recently had otherwork done to our sink. I wanted to double check first I started ordering parts.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Well, if you have good pressure to the valve, the valve is new and the inlet is new, I am not sure what is going on. I suspect the water pressure to the valve may be too low.