Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We have a Whirlpool dishwasher, model DU920PFGQ0, that

Customer Question
started leaking from the bottom...
We have a Whirlpool dishwasher, model DU920PFGQ0, that started leaking from the bottom of the door. I replaced the door gasket with a new one, recommended by Whirlpool, but it still leaks in the bottom left corner of the door. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
3/12/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Does it leak all the time the unit is running with water in it or at just curtain modes of the cycle ?

And have you pulled the bottom rack out and checked the screws on top of the pump housing to see if they are all tight?

this model pump is well know for the Torx screws on the top of the pump housing to work loose and that allows water to squirt sideways out of the top of the pump housing and up under the inner door panel.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't see any torx screws, how do get to them?

the torx head screws are items #3

http://www.partadvantage.com/diagram/3/0/00038690/680/900

To get to them just pull the bottom rack out of the unit and the screws are right there on top of the pump housing

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Found the torx screws, tightened them, still leaking at bottom left of the door.

Did you happens to see a black O-ring gasket sticking out around the pump housing ?

And check the spray arm holes to make sure nothing is in the holes diverting the water out instead of up ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No o-ring, I'll get back to you on the spray arm holes

Ok no problem.

Just replay back when you can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Spray arm holes are clear.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
since we haven't come to a solution, I owe you $5.00, correct?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
See my last input?
I have since purchased a new dishwasher today.

Sorry I`m not on line 24 hours a day ,if fact Just Answer is my third job during the week day .

And I do not work on Sunday at all!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I started this, it stated if the problem was solved I would owe , I think $37.00, if not it would just be a $5.00 charge. My wife couldn't wait , the three solutions we tried didn't work, so we bought a new dishwasher. To my reckoning, I've accumulated a $5.00 charge against my credit card.
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If you still have the dishwasher and want to repair it to sell, this is a pretty common and easy fix. The vent cap shown as number 12 in the diagram at the link below will pull off and allow cleaning of the vent (number 19) that is plugged and causing the lack of proper drainage from the vent and is leaking down the inside of the door. Once it is cleaned it will not leak anymore.

CLICK HERE

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Kelly, sorry but the dishwasher went to Comal Iron & Scrap Metal today. What I would like is a receipt from you guys showing a $5.00 charge against my credit card.

I understand, thank you. Unfortunately, I do not have access to anything other than just this thread. We don't see anything regarding any payments or account information. The link below will get you to the office folks that can help with the account information. Enjoy the rest of your evening.

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician