Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Bosch dishwasher and it is displaying a E 24 code,

Customer Question

I have a Bosch dishwasher and it is displaying a E 24 code
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: there is a pool of water at the bottom of the dishwasher
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

The E-24 code is a drain error. Meaning the Drain Pump is either bad, blocked or there is a blockage in the drain hose or siphon gap. First check the siphon gap next to your faucet if you have one, remove the inner piece to see if there is any food in the inner pipe blocking the port. If not remove the drain tube from the drain or disposal to see if that is blocked at the end. See if you can start then cancel a cycle and fill a bucket with the water, you should hear the pump running. Lastly you need to watch this video and check the drain pump for blockages. If you find nothing and the drain pump just hums and does not appear to be running you then would need to replace the drain pump.

CLICK HERE

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU