Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I'm trying to heat my new oven at 500 degrees hr like the

Customer Question

I'm trying to heat my new oven at 500 degrees for 1 hr like the handbook suggested to burn off residual oils and it started flashing u80 also a lot of warm air is escaping
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Bottom oven is working fine.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Top convection oven is u80 and beeping
JA: Our top Appliance Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Appliance Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Appliance Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The U80 is usually a meat probe error. Is the meat probe plugged in?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DTO230S V-A-15420050
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get it to stop berping
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can I get it to stop berping?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Beeping
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You cannot stop the beeping at this point. On this model, the U80 error means that the oven control has detected a shorted meat probe circuit. The oven will require service. You will need to turn the breaker off to silence it. It is possible that the cooling of the top oven will allow the error to subside and you can use the lower oven but it will still need to be serviced. The wires on the meat probe jack are likely melted and shorting together.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh my
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I am unable to access the phone system, see the message below. In any event, there is not much you can do other than turn the breaker off and call for service.

"Payment for this service failed, please do not fulfill yet. We will attempt to reach this customer to fix the situation."

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Contact Dacor at(###) ###-####to take advantage of the year warranty.