Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I need to unlock the washer. the computer board has out and

Customer Question

i need to unlock the washer. the computer board has burnt out and i have clothes in it and the repair man cant come till wednesday. kinda long to leave those clothes in there.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So this is a top load washer which means you can remove the top panel to pull the clothes out. To do this, unplug the washer and get a putty knife. There are 2 hidden metal spring clips between the top panel and the front panel about 3 inches in from the right and left side. Push back on these 2 hidden metal spring clips with a putty knife to release the top panel and then the top panel will hinge up and backwards so you can remove the clothes inside.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.