Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My laundry machine stopped working with clothes inside

Customer Question

my laundry machine stopped working with clothes inside before rinsing and it makes a noise in the back down.we draw water and clothes by hand.
WTW8200YW0
Ser C219770445
Type 58005
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the unit could be in flood mode or it could have a bad main control board. Flood mode is entered when the washer tries to fill for 6 minutes and it doesn't reach the proper water level. If this occurs the washer will just drain constantly for 30 minutes. Leave the washer plugged in and let it keep draining. If it's still running after 30 minutes, then you need to replace the main control board which you can order in the link below. If it stops draining, then great---make sure you have good water pressure going to the washer because it sounds like the water was coming in too slow or too much stuff was added and absorbed too much water to allow the washer to fill quick enough.

CLICK HERE for control board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.