Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a frigidaire front load washer. We cleaned out the

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire front load washer. We cleaned out the drain hose. The washing machine is draining now. However it will not agitate or spin. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the washer won't agitate or spin, then it means that either your belt isn't connected, the motor has failed, or the motor control board has failed. Make sure the belt is attached to the back pulleys on the washer for the motor and tub pulley. If that checks good, then you either need to replace the motor or motor control board and both parts are very expensive. To know which one is bad, you'd need a multimeter to test the windings on the motor. There are several wires going to the motor but 3 of them together are the motor windings. You'll need to test all 3 combinations All three 1-2, 2-3, and 1-3 all test right at 7.3 ohms. If not, then replace the motor---otherwise replace the motor control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.