Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kitchenaid fridge with Sabbath mode that disables

Customer Question

I have a Kitchenaid fridge with Sabbath mode that disables the water from dispensing. The Sabbath mode goes on and off randomly. When I start dispensing water, within seconds Sabbath mode will engage and stop the water. When I turn Sabbath mode off (by pressing the Sabbath mode button for 3 seconds) and start dispensing again, within seconds the Sabbath mode goes back on again. I can also hear a beep going on and off while the fridge is closed.
Sounds like an electrical issue.
Any suggestions of how to resolve on my own?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately this is just an issue with the control board on your refrigerator. You have already tried to unplug the refrigerator and that didn't reset the board so unfortunately the control board would need to be replaced to resolve this issue because there is an internal short going on.