Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore Elite Coldspot - Model 106 and it is

Customer Question
intermittently beeping. I read...
I have a Kenmore Elite Coldspot - Model 106 and it is intermittently beeping. I read the other question about the same issue, but ours id definitely coming from our unit. Thanks!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

All Sears Kenmore products have a 10 digit model number that look like this 123 .(###) ###-####/p>

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
106.44423603

Thank you !

Give me a minute or two to look information up I will be right back.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, thank you Woody

ok can you tell where the beeping is coming from?

And how often does it beep?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Seems to be coming from the freezer and beeps every minute or so to several seconds intermittently
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess what I mean is it is not constant or evenly beeping

ok lets turn the unit off for say 5 min and see if you still hear the beep .

Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
BTW, I'm not at the appliance...it's in my rental home driving my tenant crazy!

ok can you have them turn it if or turn the breaker off for 5 min and see if they still hear the beep?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay

I`ll be right here ,I do have other customer but I will reply back as soon as I see you reply back to me .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you just making sure it's coming from the appliance?

That and rebooting the electronic control board also

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still beeping
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you pop out the filter, there is a re-set button...should we do that?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there Woody?

Yes for some reason the replies are not coming back to me .

If the unit was turned off or unplugged (Not having any power to it ) and it still beeped it is NOT from the refrigerator.

I have looked at the technical data sheet and the use and care booklet and see no mention of this model even having any type of an audible tone alarm .

And the model number you have given me shows the water filter is located under the unit at the front grill .

And there is no reset button there!!

That button is to unlock the filter from the housing.

And in the models parts break down I do not even see an electronic control board that would make a beeping noise in the freezer area either.

I have to think you tenant is having the beeping noise coming from some where else.

Possible the cabinet or drawer next to the refrigerator .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No, we left the power off for 5 minutes and turned back on (basically tried a "reboot" if you will) and beeping resumed
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is definitely the appliance beeping...maybe something with the compressor?

The compressor has nothing that will beep.

And the compressor is in the rear under the unit not in the freezer.

And while it was off the unit never beeped ?

And are you 100% sure the beeping is coming from the freezer section?

How is the unit cooling ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Definitely coming from fridge. Unit is cooling/freezing fine. We will replace filter today and see what happens.

The filter has no beeper attached to it at all.

And if you want me to help you ,you or they need to narrow it down as to where is the noise coming from!

Master Tech
Master Tech