Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our Jenn Air gas top is clicking when all burners are turned

Customer Question

our Jenn Air gas top is clicking when all burners are turned off - what should I do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Typically this means that water worked it's way into one of the spark switches either from boiling over or cleaning the cooktop. Now that might not be the case, but I would still go through the same procedure. Just unplug the stove and allow it to dry for 24 hours. You can remove the burner knobs and use a hair dryer to dry out the burner switches behind the knobs if you wanted to try to speed it up. Either way, just wait 24 hours and then plug the stove back in and see if it stops clicking. If so, then great it was just wet. If not, then one of your spark switches shorted out and needs to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?