John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Thanks Pearl, I didn't get my model number, couldn't find

Customer Question

Thanks Pearl,
JA: What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I didn't get my model number, couldn't find it. It an old Whirpool top loader: Suprem 8 Cycle 2 Speed Motor.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It only fills to half a load level. The Hot/Cold valve works for correct temp. It agitates ok. The hoses seemed ok, there were no screens on either end or on the washer. I took the clear plastic line off the back of the fill valve and blew thru it...wasn't clogged but was an effort to pass air.
JA: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?
Customer: Another complaint was a loud or excessive noise periodically. When I looked at the machine there was no odd or excessive noise. I tried to fill the tub on Perminent Press and regular wash cycles. No change, didn't fill all the way.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Appliance Technician responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
The model number is ***** the lid at the rear of the opening on top loaders .If you open the washer lid ,
under the lid NOT on the lid ,but under the lid at the rear of the opening will be the manufactures model and serial number on a silver tag.