Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My washer is locked,it is not running and I can't unlockit…

Customer Question
My washer is locked,it is...
My washer is locked,it is not running and I can't unlockit
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/9/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The door will not unlock if there is water that has not drained from the last cycle. Does the control beep or anything or what happens when you try to start a new cycle? Can you tell if there is water left in the tub?

None of the above

Please clarify, no control response and no water left in the tub? Are there clothes in the tub? Is the control turning on or what exactly is it doing?

there are clothes in the tub.I loaded the machine the way I usually do.When I went to check on the clothes.the machine was not moving.It ws locked and on th clothes sensing cycle

Okay, that helps, thank you! Are there a lot of suds in the tub? If not, unplug the machine for at least 15 minutes to allow a discharge and reset of the electronics. Let me know what happens, please.