Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a front loader Samsung washer and when I start it, it

Customer Question

I have a front loader Samsung washer and when I start it , it makes noises and just sits there and runs and doesn't add water or turn and when it gets done doing that it gives me a code ND which is no drain so I drain it and start it back up and does the same thing . what should I do
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So this error ND means that the washer isn't draining. Remove the lower front right access panel and unscrew the drain cap behind it. All the water in the tub will come out so be ready with a wet vac or lots of towels. Clear the drain catch behind this cap if there is any debris. If not then you either have a bad control board or a bad drain pump. You'd need to test power to the drain pump when the washer should be draining and if you have no power, replace the control board. If you have 110 volts, replace the drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?