Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire "Professional" dishwasher that leaves…

Customer Question
I have a Frigidaire "Professional"...
I have a Frigidaire "Professional" dishwasher that leaves behind a soap residue. The repair man from the dealer where I bought it said it may be because the water isn't getting hot enough, particularly in the cold weather. Since the dishwasher water supply line is connected close to the kitchen sink, he recommended to run the water in the sink until it get hot then start the dishwasher. He also suggested buying those "dishwasher cleaners" to run without any dishes inside. He also recommended using "Finish Dishwasher Blocks" with the red ball on top. I've done all of his suggestions and while it has improved a little, I still find soap residue inside the dishwasher and inside some cups. We also turned a couple of drinking glasses upside down to see if it fills up with water during a load. The one in the center of the washer did fill up but the one in the corner didn't fill entirely. Writing to you was his next suggestion. What do you suggest?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/9/2016
Appliance Technician: Stefan T, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Stefan T
Stefan T, Home Appliance Technician

Hi I will be glad to help. You have done some good work and it sounds like you are not getting full pressure to your top of your sprayer on your dishwasher. If setting a glass in the top rack front corner and the water does not fill it then you may need to clean out the sump assembly and water supply tube and check for any blockage. Then give t another try with the glass test.

Where is the sump assembly, on the bottom of the machine? Which means I would have to pull the machine out (it is a built in)

What you need to do is pull lower and upper rack completely out and set aside for now. The sump assembly will be below the filter cover that is accessible from the inside. Make sure it is completely free of any debris. Also check the supply tube for any debris.

It is too late to do that tonight, I'll wait till the morning to try it. Thanks Fran

Ok let me know if you have any other questions.

I took apart the metal screen and tried to get out the mesh screen and then saw I would need to remove the sprayer tube that runs up the back of the dishwasher. Since I am still covered under my warranty, I called them to come out. I just didn't want to break the tubing because it seemed very fragile.

That might be the best thing to do. A good qualified technician should be able to handle the issues. Thanks