John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Stove top #PCS366US. Both simmer units are non operational.

Customer Question

Stove top #PCS366US. Both simmer units are non operational. Do not ignite. I had a large boil over and they stopped working. Appliance repair in my area cannot get parts needed. He said I needed igniter and cellenoids. I do not know how many of each.
The front middle burner takes a while to ignite, but will work. Sometimes I have to ignite the center back for the front one to catch.
Since the stove is 16 yrs old, do I need to replace all igniters? And are they different for the simmer units?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Do you hear it clicking or trying to light?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.

OK you likely need a new simmer control kit for the unit, have you taken the top off to check for any more water under it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's no water. It's been months since the boil over.

You need to replace the simmer control kit and spark module on the unit to get this corrected.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that. Please re-read the original question. I want to know how many do I need. Do I need one simmer kit for each unit? So far, we have wasted a lot of time here and I'm really not satisfied.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please just cancel this order.