How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Your Own Question
Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 297
Experience:  34 years experience as a repair technician
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Dave is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am installing a duel fuel downdraft range.I am going

Customer Question

I am installing a duel fuel downdraft range.I am going straight out the wall behind the stove.I called the 800 number to ask about ordering a thermal break that is in the installation manual.I was told it was a flexible plastic 5 " tubing.The manual says to use a solid ,not flexible metal vent.It talks about flexible venting causing turbulence resulting in back pressure and poor exhaust.I want to keep my kitchen as warm as possible but don"t want to lose downdraft performance.Do you know the "thermal break" part #708786A,and does it work well.I am also seeing a ventless option and wanted to know more about that option
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave replied 1 year ago.

It's just like dryer venting, but at a larger size and insulated. As long as the vent is not kinked and not very long, there should be plenty of air flow.

Expert:  Dave replied 1 year ago.