Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ice maker not working on a whirlpool gz25fsrxyy2, Took back…

Customer Question
Ice maker not working...

Ice maker not working on a whirlpool gz25fsrxyy2

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.

Took back panel off in frigid to see if line blocked. Thawed with hair dryer and doesn't see to sending water to maker.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/8/2016
Appliance Technician: Sean F., Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my EYES & EARS! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem.

Can you please look in your icemaker are the finger that eject the ice are the pointing at one a clock?

They are pointing downward

Please put your fingers in the the icemaker and see if you feel ice in it.

No. Dry

O.K if that is the case you have a bad icemaker and will need to be replaced to fix it.

Part number you need is W10377151.

Very easy to install. I can provided you a video if you needing one.

Thanks Sean

****We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still needing help.

I'll take the video and thanks for the help.

Here is the video www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZR1rFBD7TU

Have a great day