Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Frigidaire Gallery electric convection double wall

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire Gallery electric convection double wall oven that I am trying to install. Everything is fine except the top left edge of the lower door hits the edge of the granite countertop when closed. The unit is shifted as far as possible to the right, but there is no more room left in the cabinet. I only need about 1/16 of an inch of room and the door will close without hitting the countertop. It looks like the door itself has room at the hinges to be shifted to the right a bit. How can I do that?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

The hinge can not be shifted. The receptacles are mounted to the frame of the oven and the hinge is mounted to the frame of the door inside the door. Your issue is however a fairly common issue in kitchen designing because the edge of the countertop tends to hang our further than the cabinets. You'll need to sand down and re-polish the countertop edge if it's only 1/6" away to allow the door to shut. If it's further than that, you may need a granite company to come out and router the edge a bit to give you a little more space.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?