Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

GE Gas range model JGB700DEJ1WW Is there a way to adjust the…

Customer Question
GE Gas range model JGB700DEJ1WW Is...
GE Gas range model JGB700DEJ1WW
Is there a way to adjust the flame down
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/8/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

If you remove the knob and look down the center of the shaft of the knob, there MAY be a tiny flat head screw head that you'll need an eye glass screwdriver to turn. If there is a screw, you can adjust the low setting on the flame by turning that screw. If not, then there is no adjustment and you'd want to buy something like a simmer plate to put under your pot and that reduces the heat on simmer setting.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I had hope you would have something more inspiring. I had already determined that there was no adjustment screw. I have cooked on gas stoves all my life. I am sure GE has an adjustment somewhere that you and I are unawares.

No, I am factory trained by GE. I am very familiar with how GE makes their appliances. I would be aware if there was something else.