Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Whirlpool washing machine lid lock will not turn off and…

Customer Question
Whirlpool washing machine lid lock...
Whirlpool washing machine lid lock will not turn off and allow the lid to be opened. Washer seems to work otherwise. It fills, washes, drains, and spins. It just won't unlock. I've run it through three complete cycles, let it sit for several hours after completing cycle, and unplugged appliance for several hours while at work. Still, the lid lock light stays on.
I cannot give the washing machine model or serial number because they are under the lid, and the lid will not open.
Thank you!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/8/2016
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Would you know the model number of the washing machine?

It is under the lid which I cannot get to because it is locked.

Yes it is, just thought you might have it written down somewhere. can you post a picture of the control panel, that can help, we may be able to fool the machine to unlock the door.

Do you still need help?