Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Our GE cooktop indcution stove top will not turn on.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Does anything power up on the unit at all or indicate there is power to the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

A phone call costs more to do, or we can proceed here just let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can proceed here. It's a brand new stove and we've followed the instructions to the T and cannot get the burner to come on at all. Thoughts?

OK are you certain the power is connected to the unit correctly and have you tested your voltage to the unit just to be certain with a volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It beeps when we turn one of the burners on and you can move it to high or low using the +/- buttons, but the burner doesn't turn on and it just beeps after a few seconds and turns off.

Ok do you have a pan on the burner?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the pan fits the burner meaning it's not too big or small.

and it is an induction pan correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a regular pan, not specifically induction. The manual says we can use anything from a sauté pan to a iron skillet, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never heard back from you so I'm assuming that's a no?

Sorry for the delay I had a server issue, No it has to be something with cast iron in it or the burner will not recognize it and will not work...I am back so just post back here sorry again

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

It could be or have you checked the thermister for the oven maybe that is out of range possibly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, none of that seems to be the problem. At this point, sounds like we need someone to come out here. Thanks for at least speaking with me about it.

No problem if you have a cast iron pan or try that on them just to be sure, other than that yes maybe it is a defective unit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We tried every kind of pot or pan imagineable. They are all standard pans. The darn thing just won't turn on!

Yes I would say the unit is defective, I would return it verse having it repaired since it is brand new. Now you can try this make sure the child lock is not on and do this procedure

Press and hold the ALL OFF pad for 3 seconds, then immediately press and hold the Timer Select pad for 3 seconds to enter Custom Settings. Those two pads must be pressed within 30 seconds. Any other pad will cancel the mode.

2. “C - -” appears on the display. To navigate through the Custom Settings, use the up "^" or down "v" pads. If up "^" is selected, the display cycle starts at “C01”. When you see C01 or get it to C01 continue to step 3

3. To activate a new Custom Setting, the user will touch and hold the Timer Select pad for 3 seconds the red light should go on and ding.

4. Press and Hold the ALL OFF pad button down for 3 seconds to save and exit

Then try it

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU