Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I wrote what my problem is with ourwasher which is an

Customer Question
whirlpool . terrible grinding noise...
I wrote what my problem is with ourwasher which is an whirlpool . terrible grinding noise which had gotten worse since we purchased it model wtw5640xw2 .has been noisy since it was purchased 2-9-12 and now the grinding sound is very bad.please get me an answer .fogtphilip2yahoo.com
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/7/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

If this is grinding during spin, tip the unit up against the wall and look for any brownish spray liquid around the cabinet. This is a common issue and the bearing is bad on the transmission case. The seal goes bad in the outer tub letting water leak onto the bearing that is built into the top of the transmission. This causes the bearing to grind and make a lot of noise. It is fixable but the price of the parts alone are around 200+ dollars.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU