Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm ***** *****. My ice maker stopped working on my kitchen…

Customer Question
Hello I'm ***** *****...

Hello I'm ***** *****. My ice maker stopped working on my kitchen aid freezer after the water was shut off in the home Now I have a red light that blinks twice, pauses then blinks again

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well I just bought the home. The ice maker was working fine until the water was shut off so I could switch it over to my name

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/7/2016
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Using the picture attached below as reference, can you please let me know what you see?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Hello, the model # ***** ***** When I close the flapper, the red light continues to blink. The fingers are pointing up like in the picture, and the fill tube does seem hard.

If the rubber tube is hard, it is frozen shut, common when the water has been shut off. If you use a hair dryer and carefully thaw that tube, it will likely start running again. Of course, make sure you don't get the plastic too hot, it will deform with excessive heat from the hair dryer, so keep the heat moving to prevent liner damage.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Hello. The tube is now soft and pliable. I turned the ice maker off and back on. Unfortunately, it is still not working

Oh, it will take a couple of hours to cycle.

Oh ok, thank you

You bet, please let me know if you have any other issues with it! Also, that tube freezes back several inches, make sure you thawed it all out.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Hello, unfortunately thawing out the fill tube didn't work.

Hold that flapper in again, keeping your hand out of the way of the beam. Does it still flash or stay on?

Ok it's still flashing

Okay, and you are certain your hand is not in the line of the beam (the hole in the flapper) and the fingers are pointing up and forward?

Ah, that helps. Have they been that way or were they lower yesterday when you looked?

No, they've always looked that way

Okay, they should be down quite a bit more, just pointing up but more forward. I believe the module in the ice maker will need to be replaced. However, the entire ice maker is only about $30 more, so I would replace the entire thing, available below.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Ok thank you very much for your help

You bet!