Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher that about 10 years old, the…

Customer Question
I have a Kitchen Aid...
I have a Kitchen Aid dishwasher that about 10 years old, the floatswitch works and has been ohmed out, But when I bypass the latch and watch what happens, the water only comes in from the side, and its starts to drain, so the water does come out the top or bottom, just the side model Kudso1DJ
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/7/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

I`m assuming that this unit has been installed in this same location it`s entire life, is that correct?

And you are 100% sure that when the water is coming in to the unit that the drain pump is also being energized?

it seems like anytime water is comming in , isee the water floowing into the kitchen sink drain, float switch is definetly good as when i lift up the water stops, latch mechanism is bypassed so I can look in so Iknow latch switch is good, I have fixed many appliances before as I am a tech for hi end electromechinical printers, but never a dishwasher, does the water have to come to a certain level before a sensor or something gets triggered to make water from out the top and bottom of spinning spray bars, because again thats what I see as the problem no water comes out of the rotataing spray bars.

No sensor.

The dishwasher fills by time only.

The float switch is only a safety so it does not over fill.

Ok if the unit is filling and the drain pump is running ,that has to mean that a relay on the control board is stuck to energized the drain pump in this sequence of a cycle.

Which means the entire control board will need to be replaced.

Because the manufacturer does not sell individual components of the board only the entire board.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/8564543/1060953?rcaid=1000070

This link also has a video showing the replacement of the part.

If you have any questions just reply back.

Thanks , but I want to make sure you understand the following, as this part I dont understand, if there is no sensor that lets dishwasher know its filled, how does dishwasher know to start sending water to the top and bottom spray bars that spin around?(beacuse again thats what problem is, "no water cumming out the top and bottom spinning spray bars". Only way it makes sense to me is: pump that pushes water to upper and lower spray bars uses water that accumulates on bottom of dishwasher, since drain relay is stuck no water is available for pump to push to upper or lower spray bar, is this whats happening?

Sorry I had a business meeting I had to addend .

And as for the fill cycle is controlled by the main control and it is a timed fill 120 seconds .

After the 120 seconds as elapsed the main control then turns on the wash circulation pump motor .

and all other functions such as turning on the drain pump is also controlled by the E-prom memory chip within the control board .

and it you let it run even after the unit is done the 120 seconds of filling ,but also it is draining out ,then the wash circulation pump would also go on and if the relay for the drain pump is faulty it too will be running but just no water in the unit .because it was all drained out.