John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My LG top load HE washer is only 4 years old. The bolt that

Customer Question

My LG top load HE washer is only 4 years old. The bolt that holds the agitator down slips loose. Thus causing the agitator will come off. When you try to retighten the bolt it doesn't grab (I assume) the agitator. The clothes just sit in soapy water, waiting for the next timed function. The spin cycle is fine.
I have had several techs look at it and are baffled what can be the problem??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

Please give me a min to look up the washer info.

Expert:  Sean F. replied 1 year ago.

Did any of the techs try using any loctite?

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

I am a different tech do you still need help?