Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag Centennial Washer has stopped responding properly to…

Customer Question
Nicholas - Maytag Centennial...

Nicholas - Maytag Centennial Washer has stopped responding properly to commands. It will sometimes finish a cycle in 2-3 hours; other times just won't run at all.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Machine is 4 years old. gets "stuck" at different points in the cycle. Has always been an issue at rinse and spin time, now hits at random points in the cycle.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/7/2016
Appliance Technician: Jon, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

Hi Nicholas. My name is ***** ***** I am an appliance technician here with just answer and I can help you today.

What is the full model and serial number of your washer?

With the washer model number I can look up model specific info and see if there are any recalls or product updates wig your model washer.

I have worked on this washer many many times before. And just to let you know, if you are experiencing intermittent problems with the washer stopping in many different parts of the cycle it is usually the control timer at fault.

I can walk you through the diagnostic steps needed to properly find out if the timer is at fault or another part. Then I can give you a link to parts and give you the steps to make the repair yourself. If it can be repaired.

Just get back to me here when you are ready and I'll walk you though it all. Or give me a call by accepting my additional service link above. And here you can call me and I will either skype you or speak with you and tell you exactly what to do.