Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge monogram dishwasher ZDT870ssf5ss that is not…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a ge...
Hello, I have a ge monogram dishwasher ZDT870ssf5ss that is not cleaning. We are 4 loads in a row with no cleaning. 2 of which the detergent door did not open. We have tried multiple cleaning modes and cleaned the filter...which was extremely dirty. The last 2 loads I added a cup of vinegar. The dishes come out dirty. What would be the appropriate next debug step?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Does the main wash pump run and does the unit fill with water?

I believe so, because the dishes are getting wet....but I have not interrupted a cycle to check what is going on during the cycle
Note, the unit is 9mo old....

Ok it is still under warranty have you had anyone out to check it out?

Just happened today....Wife doesn't want to do the dishes by hand, so was trying to figure it out...will call GE tomorrow.
Just started 5th cycle (express) and will interrupt the cycle 10min in to see if full and pumping....

OK let me know this could be a draining issue or filling issue.