Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Bosch Aquastar Gas Tankless Water Heater. It is

Customer Question
about 8 years old. It...
I have a Bosch Aquastar Gas Tankless Water Heater. It is about 8 years old. It will not ignite. I do not hear the piezio igniter popping nor do I hear the water flow generator spinning. I cleaned the water filter, but no change? How do I test the water wheel generator and igniter/
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
3/6/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Does the exhaust fan come on at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model number is ***** It does not have an exhaust fan. Exhaust vents straight up thru flu. I found manual and I need to test voltage output at hydro generator or at least remove it and check for blockages .

Yes if it does not kick on at all the generator may be stuck and not seeing water flow through the unit can you check that first?

John, Home Appliance Technician