Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My magic Chef Oven will not heat correctly

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/6/2016
Appliance Technician: Sean F., Customer Service replied 2 years ago
Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service

Thanks for using Just Answers. My name is***** come from a family background of appliance service and have over 20 yrs in the field. If you have been waiting, sorry, don't get discouraged. I am one of the techs on Just Answers and might have someone ahead of you. I WILL work as fast I can to analyze your problem and get to you. Please understand that I am not at your home looking at the appliance myself. You are my eyes & ears! I will work with you to figure out what is wrong with your appliance. I will give you my honest professional opinion of the problem. But be advised there are some issues that require special tools to analyze or repair the problem. Thank you for excepting me for you appliance issue. I'll be right with you and please don't forget to rate my service at completion.

Can you please explain more on how it is not heating properly.

Are you still needing help?

The oven will not preheat correctly. I need to set the heat at 450, for example to get the temp to rise to 400 something and then adjust the heat using the control panel from there.
I have replaced the heat sensor and the control panel and this has not helped.

How are you determining what the oven temp is in the oven?

An oven Thermometer

Let me start off and say those oven thermometer are very slow getting to temp.

So when setting the temp to 350 and the oven says it is preheated in about 10 mins. And you look at the thermometer it is usually 50-75 deg to low.

What I like you to do is to turn your oven to 350 and wait 20 mins even tho the oven says it preheated after about 10 mins. Let me know what happens after the 20 mins please.

Did you get a chance to try what I said to try?

the oven is at approx 240 per the oven thermometer inside

Is your bake element get really red when it is on?

Also turn on your broil and see if it gets really red

it gets really red- I can broil just fine

O.K. There is nothing else that could be bad. And you said that you replaced the sensor and control board and the elements get really red. I would say to go buy a new thermometer and see if it is bad.

You could have a bad part that you replaced. The sensor should ohm out 1100 ohm at room temp give or take 10% if it don't replace it again. If it is good return the control board for a new one.

Make sure the door is closing all the way so your not losing heat.

******We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still needing help.

Wonderful :-(

Sorry for the bad new. I would start with a new thermometer.

If you need anything feel free to ask. Have a great night.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still needing help.

Sean F.
Sean F.
Sean F., Customer Service