Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Kphd2491kfo was replaced by factory issue about 2 years ago.

Customer Question

kphd2491kfo was replaced by factory for same issue about 2 years ago. Original unit when approx. 2 years old will fill itself with water and spill out onto the floor, door was not closed. repair came out replaced fill valve still did same thing. Replaced unit approx. 2 years ago this one now still doing the same thing. Put on rinse yesterday ran thru and pumped out. This morning was half full of water?? Help
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Last time 3 different repair tech's second one added into the drain line and put a loop in it thinking drain was backflowing from the sink. This was a waste as the units drain line is high on the side of the unit--did not fix. After I pumped out this morning unit seemed to work fine washed and dried dishes.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

The only thing that can cause that issue is a bad fill valve again, do you have really hard water? The valves can get scaled up with iron and deposits then basically it is like a drippy faucet. It will just fill with water overnight and flood eventually. Now I have run into a few on these units with defective fill valves but I think that is the issue for sure.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU