Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Bosch 300 series washing machine starting to make a

Customer Question
banging noise during the spin...
My Bosch 300 series washing machine starting to make a banging noise during the spin cycle. The inside drum seems loose if i grab it I can move it back and forth. Everything on the back side looks OK as far as I can tell. What do you suggest?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
3/6/2016
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Can you post the full model number please.

It should be on a sticker inside the door and starts E-nr.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WFMC2201UC/15

Thanks for that.

Now from what you say the drum bearings will have failed here that's why its noisy and you can lift the drum up and down in there.

Looking at this model it has what we call a split drum. If you wanted to you can remove the drum from the washer and split it and access just the bearings only and replace them.

Now it is a bit job and a full strip down of the washer but it can be done.

Also if getting a tech in to do it then its going to be an expensive fix as well.

Sorry its not good news but the fault you have here is faulty drum bearings here which will need the rum fully stripping down and splitting to be able to replace them.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does this require the entire drum removed from the rear of the machine?

Yes im afraid so but its not from the back its from the front.

The complete drum will need to be remove from the rear of the washer so you need to remove the top and back panel.

Then you can remove the front panel.

Remove all hoses and remove the suspension legs from the bottom.

Disconnect all wiring and remove the motor from the back.

Once everything is off you can remove the drum from there.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK Thank you very much for your help. I am going to drag it out in the garage and give it a try.If you have any additional tips please let me know. It will help. Thanks again for the help. Vic

Hopefully you sort it.

To be honest there isn't much tips to give really as its just a case of stripping the complete washer down.

The only thing I suggest is take a picture of the wiring on the back of the drum and the front controls just incase any wiring blocks comes away.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good idea thanks.

Your welcome

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open?

Do you still need help on this? If so just get back to me.

If not then to close the question you just need to rate the answer by clicking the star ratings at the top of the page.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician