Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My jenn-air filtered water dispenser is on the inside of the…

Customer Question
My jenn-air filtered water dispenser...
My jenn-air filtered water dispenser is on the inside of the fridge, on the left hand side. You push a grey rubber button to dispense the water. This water dispenser tap is dripping, and running down to the freezer on the bottom and causing ice build-up around the freezer door. I need to know how to fix this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/6/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

If the dispenser is dripping it means that your electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator down below isn't sealing up properly. You'll need to order and replace the electronic water valve to resolve the issue so below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model. To access the part, just pull the refrigerator forward, unplug it, and remove the screws going to the lower back panel. Turn the water off to the refrigerator and then look for the part that all the water lines are connected to. It'll be a blue plastic part with plastic water lines and wires connected to it like in the link below.

CLICK HERE for valve

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc