Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We started thewasher without the water being on and it gave…

Customer Question
We started thewasher without...

We started thewasher without the water being on and it gave us a code. we turned the water on but it wont reset. the washer is making a churning sound, but we cant even turn it on

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?

I don't think so

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/5/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

What is the washer make and the complete model and error code please.

May tag maxima XL steam error code E08 F01. The error code disappeared when we hit the power button and now we can't turn it back on to see it. But when plugged In it makes a noise like its runnubg

That would typically be a water inlet error, check the water supply to the unit and see if you have good supply to the unit. Make sure you do not have a flood safe hose to the unit that may have tripped off. If the water supply is good and you hear a humming you likely need a new valve. If you have the exact model tag off the unit I can get you a link to parts as well.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU