Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My frigdaire dw is not draining. Model fphd2481kf1, It goes

Customer Question

my frigdaire dw is not draining. Model fphd2481kf1
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It goes thru the cycle but leaves the whole bottom full of water and will not drain
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your dishwasher today. First, I'm going to assume you didn't change your garbage disposal recently--so if you did please speak up. Other than that you'll need to pull the dishwasher out and disconnect the drain line from below the tub and blow through it to make sure it's clear. f the drain line is clear and the filters are clear, there is only one thing that can stop the water flow and that's the drain pump itself. The drain pump is mounted underneath of the unit on the right side. There is a black 4 inch long hose connected from the main sump connected to the drain pump. Then on the otherside of the drain pump is the drain hose. First, make sure you are getting 120V to the drain pump. If you are then you need to remove the drain pump and see if anything is jamming the pump itself. If you don't find anything jamming it then you need to replace the pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not submit my payment but I see that I was charged
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Your card is charged to read my answer. I see you requested a phone call so I'll send you that option if you'd rather speak by phone.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?