Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My Bosch SilencePlus 50dba will not start. It goes from

Customer Question
My Bosch SilencePlus 50dba...

My Bosch SilencePlus 50dba will not start. It goes from "active" immediately to "Clean". I've cleaned out the excess water and dried the well carefully with paper towels and a hair dryer. The drain into the sink drain is working and the sink drain itself works fine.

Contractor's Assistant: Sometimes appliance issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Appliance Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Appliance Technician should know?

I can change the type of wash using the selector switches from "heavy" down to "half load" but the very quick change in the cycle from active to clean remains the same.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/5/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

OK, so if the dish washer just stops after filling and the light is still on, you either have a bad circulation pump or a bad control board. You'd need to uninstall the dishwasher, remove the right side panel, start a cycle and wait until after it fills to test power going to the circulation pump through the right side of the dishwasher. If you're not getting 120 volts down to the pump, then you need a new control board. If you are getting 120 volts, then you'd need a new control board---by far the most likely culprit will be the circulation pump.

On the other possibility, if the dishwasher just drains and doesn't even fill up with water--then the drain pump is drawing too much power causing the clean light to appear and the drain pump would need to be removed to see if anything is hitting the drain impeller on the pump and if not then replace the drain pump even if it's draining fine.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?