Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My almost 6 year old Kitchen Aid dishwasher KUDE70CVSS stops…

Customer Question
Hi My almost 6 year...
Hi My almost 6 year old Kitchen Aid dishwasher KUDE70CVSS stops washing on any cycle (except longer on light China) and automatically goes to cancel and then the drain cycle after 12 minutes. The service person has replaced the float and two control boards this week (thinking the first replacement may have been defective) and a secondary control as well. All lines have been checked and each reboot from the main breaker to the high temp - heat dry alternating 5x's each, and the 1-2-3 any button alternating press - cancel reboot strategies have failed to fix the problem. The service person has been in touch with Kitchen Aid numerous times and they have concluded that my machine is not fixable. I also put a bowl upright in the machine and ran a regular cycle, again it cancelled after 12 minutes, but only 2/3 cup of water remained in bowl. Is it possible that it is not getting enough water to run? If so, should I consider replacing the water pump or motor? Is it your opinion that it is time to replace? I love this dishwasher and it worked well, quietly when it worked. Thanks for your insights.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/5/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

This unit will run even if it has NO water in it so that is not your issue.

When it turns itself off do you ever see the clean light blinking?

Do you still need assistance on your question?

I never heard back from you!