Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer has a squeaking noise -- it seems like it is metal…

Customer Question
My dryer has a...

My dryer has a squeaking noise -- it seems like it is metal on metal around the burner housing -- I cant lube it, but is there some high temp product I can use?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

That is really it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Okay -- my paypal was billed $28
3/5/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

I just need to know how to Cushing the metal housing around the burner. When the dryer runs, the squeaking is coming from the metal to metal contact.

No all dryers are built the same .

Not even dryers built by the same manufacturer .

So I need to know whom the manufacturer is and the model number to know what dryer you have.

Open the dryer door the model /serial tag should be on the inner face frame of the dryer.

It is a marsh Atlantis. There is no tag with model number or serial number.
I got it. MDE8600AYW. 40470473zu

ok thank you!

Over 90% of this dryer is make out of metal .

There is nothing on the burner housing that would make a squeaking ,are you sure that the noise is not from the motor /belt idler pulley? right next to the heater housing.

I remove the burner, I can see there's a little grease between the burner and the metal housing. I think I just need to know what greased to add high temperature or something like that

you would use a high temp grease I recommend a product caller Syl-glide

You can get it at appliance parts dealers or even automotive parts dealers

okay -- this is directly on the burner -- so is Sly glide safe at the high temp of a burner? Online descrip says for rubber parts.

I have used it for over 36 years on dryers and automotive brakes ,they too can get red hot.

thanks -- Ill get a try. So when we started this, you said 18 but the webportal charged me 28 -- any ideas or explainations?

I am just an Expert And we never get to see your personal info or your payment information .

But I show that you selected the amount of $28.00 .

If you have issue with the payment You will need to contact Just Answer Admin .

I do not work in a Just Answer office I work out of my own appliance business even in a different state the the Just answer offices.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time