Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool dryer model number LEW0050PQ I've

Customer Question
replaced the heater coil but...
I have a whirlpool dryer model number LEW0050PQ I've replaced the heater coil but now the blower motor won't start
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/5/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

Does the unit turn on to run? If not check the door switch plug you may have not plugged it back in and that will cause the unit not to run. Let me know if that solves it or not.

The door switch works. When I turn it on it acts like it's supposed to, however the blower motor doesn't start. The heater element is working as well, (hot to the touch)

Does the drum turn?

It goes like this.. I press the start button, the drum starts turning but the fan motor does not. After a few seconds there's a burning smell. Keep in mind I just replaced the heater coil.

Can you check to see if you have power to the blower motor?If there is heat but no blower and you have no power to it replace the board on the unit or check the wiring to the fan motor for any breaks. The fan motor is powered off the B terminal on the board.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

There is a hum coming from the fan motor. When I try a spin it manually it doesn't respond spin at all. You can tell that there's current running through the blower motor. The motor turns freely. (I doubt the motor is faulty) it does get warm after awhile. Capacitor?

Yeah I would say bad capacitor then for sure!

I see this question is still open on my list, if you did not need anything else all I ask is please use the STAR rating system at the top of your page to rate my service so I can close this out... Thanks

Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician