Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool Washer model WTW4800BQ0 that does not…

Customer Question
I have a Whirlpool Washer...
I have a Whirlpool Washer model WTW4800BQ0 that does not move into aggitate after filling. You can hear clicks from the lid switch so, thinking that was the problem, i bought and installed a replacement switch locally from an appliance store. After replaced, the problem persists though the "clicks" at the end of the fill cycle are extremely faint but still get the blinking red lock light and 10m later, it drains. I have tried all the online things I could find but now need to decide if it is worth spending any more money on or should just get new washer. Hate to put too much (even though it is just over a 1 1/2 yrs old because i can replace it for $500..... What can i do to tell how much it might cost to repair?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/5/2016
Appliance Technician: Chas, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.

Have you tried tilting the machine back so you can look underneath to see if the belt came off the pulley?

No, I can surely do that but it was my understanding that this is a direct drive unit. Either way, would a problem like that cause the lid lock to not "lock" after the initial fill?I will go down and check now and see what i can find on that question......give me 10 min
Can you tell me exactly how to obtain the diagnostic codes? I tried from a few different posts that explained it but it was vague and couldn't tell what it was doing when i tried

If you get the tech sheet it shows it all, specifically for your washer.

I'm good...... I'm not paying twice for stuff.... Thanks but no thanks. Going to just call a tech to come our

We can do it the hard way without the tech sheet, but it is going to take longer, also calling a service in is going to cost you well over $100 plus parts, DO you still want to call a service or try to fix it this way?

No. i do not wish to proceed. This was supposed to be a $40 answer and then i was asked to buy more. I will not be bait along to spend more money and am requesting a refund. I have also cancelled my membership as i will not be using this service again. It would have been very easy for you to say "turn dial ccw, cw, ccw, cwx3, start.." and helped me read the code. Instead you wanted to charge me to review the manual to get the code....i already had the tech sheet (for free through google). I was just not understanding how to read the flashing lights.I have already scheduled a technician to come out on Monday.

If you have the tech sheet, it does not work for you, so either you cannot understand it, or you got the wrong one. But so be it, I will close the question and good luck with spending this money on a tech in your home. P.S. B.T.W. most likely it is going to be a bad shift actuator causing your problems because of the noise that you explain. Have a nice day..