Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Mah5500, wont start. has lr code issues soemtimes. rarely…

Customer Question
Wont start. has lr...

Wont start. has lr code issues soemtimes. rarely finishes cycle especially spin

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/5/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So error lr stands for "locked rotor". What it means is that the motor control board thinks that the basket isn't spinning smoothly due to the bearing locking up. Remove the clothes and spin the basket by hand to see if the basket spins smoothly. If not, then you'd need a new rear drum bearing and support shaft that goes through the bearing which may not be worth fixing since it costs about $600 just in parts.

The more likely case is that the basket still spins smooth meaning your motor control board isn't sensing properly. The motor control board has been re-designed and comes with the motor so below is a link to the kit you'd need to order and replace to resolve this issue.

CLICK HERE for motor control kit

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.