Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I HAVE A KITCHEN AID FRIDGE WITH A BOTTOM FREEZER. THE

Customer Question

I HAVE A KITCHEN AID FRIDGE WITH A BOTTOM FREEZER. THE FREEZER GETS ICE BUILDUP WHICH PUSHES THE DOOR OPEN. I HAVE CLEARED THE DRAIN IN THE BACK WHICH WORKS FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS. IS THERE A LONGER LASTING SOLUTION? MODEL IS KBF042FTX02
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you are on the right track. The issue is the drain but this drain hose has been re-designed because the material on the hose would break down and the check valve inside won't allow water to flow out so below is a link to the new re-designed hose you'll want to order and replace with instructions.

CLICK HERE for drain hose

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.