Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

There is no water going into ice maker tray and we are able…

Customer Question
There is no water...

There is no water going into ice maker tray and we are able to get water from the door. I have model # ***** Can you make any suggestions. This has never worked.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

We bought the refrigerator about a year ago. It was installed but the water supply was not available. when we moved in in May of last year, we had a plumber fix the water supply. We had water but the Ice maker would not work. We thought at first that the refrigerator was not cold enough. We tested the icemaker and all the tests say it should work. could the Ice maker be installed incorrectly, so water is not making it to the icemaker.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/5/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

If the icemaker won't make ice, you'll want to open the door so you can see the icemaker. Under the icemaker head there is a small plastic button which you can press and hold for 15 seconds and that should force the icemaker through a harvest cycle. Press and hold this button and see if the icemaker rotates. If the icemaker doesn't rotate and act like it's dumping the ice, you just have a bad icemaker and it needs to be replaced. It's possible it went bad from no water being hooked up and it continuously cycling over the last year or so.

Other than that, if the icemaker cycles but no water enters at the end of the cycle, possibly one of the water lines going to the icemaker is frozen due to air in the water line from first hooking up the water. You'd want to disconnect the water line going to the icemaker and blow through it to make sure it's clear, otherwise use a hair dryer to thaw out the line if needed.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

We already did that and the factory people did not find any thing wrong. The water still did not come in. I don't think that this site works for me. I will talk some more with the factory people. Do not bill my account for this, it was already done and no answer was supplied. Thanks for trying though. I do not want your service.
Eugene ****
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc