Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Need to remove the top of an electric glass top G.E. profile…

Customer Question
Need to remove the...

Need to remove the top of an electric glass top G.E. profile oven. The black wire to the oven light was burnt off on bulb replacement, now it it too short and I need to replace the wire, or splice a length to make it long enough to reach the socket receptacle. My name is ***** *****

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have to lengthen or replace the black wire to the oven light. I can not reach it from the inside of the oven it is too short.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/5/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

So to splice this wire you'll need to pull the the oven out and remove the screws coming into the back sheet metal panel. Locate the wire going to the light socket that is too short and cut it so you can splice a wire onto the existing wire. You'll need to use a ceramic wire nut to withstand the heat of the oven so use a ceramic wire nut, extend the wire, and put a new terminal on the end of the wire to plug onto the socket and you should be good to go again.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?