Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a jenn air refrigerator model jfc2089hes. The

Customer Question
compressor is not getting power...
I have a jenn air refrigerator model jfc2089hes. The compressor is not getting power to it. A technician came out and thought it was the upper control board behind the touchpad. I ordered the part online and tried it, there was no change.The temperatures are displaying correctly but the buttons wont respond when I try to go into program mode or service test mode.do you think it could be the touchpad or possibly the main control board at the bottom back left of the fridge
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/4/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

The only possibility would be the touchpad itself at this point. Make sure the ribbon cable is plugged into the display board securely. If so and it won't respond at all to you when you press the buttons so you can program it, you'll need to order and replace the touchpad. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for touch pad

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler, have you heard of this problem before?

Certainly, but if the touchpad was bad it wouldn't have stopped just the compressor---it would have stopped the fans and such as well. Now it's possible that both the display board and touchpad went bad since they connect together, but at this point the touchpad is the fault since it's not responding to touching the buttons at all when you try to program the board.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?