How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 81901
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am working on a GE refrigerator that runs and cools fine

Customer Question

I am working on a GE refrigerator that runs and cools fine but there is a chattering or clicking sound coming from the relay assembly. Could this be a bad relay overload? I have also seen some people saying it could be a bad board?
I removed the relay from the compressor and the noise stopped, and when you put it back the noise starts again.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It depends on where the clicking noise is coming from. If the clicking comes from the device on the side of the compressor itself, then order and replace the overload relay. There is no control board for this refrigerator so the clicking isn't coming form a control board. The overload relay assembly is part number WR07X10138 and below is a link to the kit.

CLICK HERE for overload relay

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?