Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My refrigerator temperature setting will not remain at what…

Customer Question
My refrigerator temperature setting will...
My refrigerator temperature setting will not remain at what I set it to....why? Fridge and freezer are continuing to get warmer. Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/4/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Is the unit running at all?

If you open the freezer door look at the rear interior panel do you see any frost or ice on it?

There was frost yesterday and past few days but not now...melting

Ok and my first questions was is the unit running at all?

And do you hear any unusual noises coming from the unit?

running and no unusual noises

ok can you pull the unit out and remove the lower inspection cover and look to see if the Condenser fan is running?

And also under the unit is a black domed compressor fell of it and see is it vibrating and what temperature is it ?

Condenser fan running but not sure what the black domed compressor is.

it sits right next to the condenser fan motor under the unit in the rear

Okay thanks but I think I need to call someone to come in....its not I can manage.

ok no problem ,good luck a service call will cost you around $100.

But it is up to you.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.