Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My electric oven heats up, but the digital temperature

Customer Question
display reads about 100 degrees...
My electric oven heats up, but the digital temperature display reads about 100 degrees hotter than the oven temperature actually is, although the oven temp does eventually catch up to the displayed temperature. The repairman said I probably need to recalibrate it but I did not find instructions for doing that.
It is a GE model #JRS06BOJ1BB
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/4/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. The only way to credit me(APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU) is to make sure you are rating my post not another techs when finished...Thank You!

There is no recalibrating that you need a new clock control. Here is a link to the control and it is not very expensive either.

CLICK HERE

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

I see this question is still open, if you did not need anything else all I ask is please use the STAR rating system at the top of your page to rate my service! Thanks