Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

If I burned food in my machine, the the next day the power…

Customer Question
If I burned food in...
If I burned food in my machine, the the next day the power is off (all fuses are on) can my microwave be fixed? or is it totally gone?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/3/2016
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

The microwave can be fixed but it sounds like one of the thermal fuses may have failed due to burning food inside the microwave. The most likely fuse would be the cavity thermal fuse on the microwave which is part 5016 on the diagram in the link below.

CLICK HERE for diagram

Test continuity through this thermal fuse with a multimeter after removing the outer shell of the microwave and unplugging the microwave and if it doesn't have continuity, replace this thermal fuse. If for some reason this fuse has continuity, then check the fuse 5001 for continuity as that is your line fuse for the microwave. And if they both check good, then replace the display board if you wanted to fix the microwave because it's shorted.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open. Is there anything else I can help you with?