Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Does the control board activates the invertor compressor…

Customer Question
does the control board activates...
does the control board activates the invertor for the compressor for model gi7fvcxwy02
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/3/2016
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Yes the main control board is what sends the signal for the inverter to activate to start the compressor.

Do you have a Volt-ohm meter to be able to preform any test on the inverter to see if it is getting the power voltage and the control voltage to it?

ok so one the inverter you need to check for 120 volts on the Red to White connector .

And check for 14 volts D/C on the Orange /red to the Orange /White

The Red to White 120 is the power voltage and the Orange /Red to Orange White is the signal voltage