Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My microwave will blow the circute braker when I try to

Customer Question
start it.Any idea what could...
My microwave will blow the circute braker when I try to start it.Any idea what could be wrong
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/3/2016
Appliance Technician: Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician replied 2 years ago
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money. You have to supply a rating in order for us techs to receive credit for our time as we have nothing to do with any payment made to the site.

This is typically a shorted magnetron tube or a shorted transformer causing that issue. You would have to check the magnetron tube for a short as that would be the most likely culprit. That involves taking the unit down the outer shroud off and getting a ohm meter and checking the tube for any shorts to ground. A repair for that issue from a company would run about 200-275 on average just so you know.

I would like you to know that I am APPLIANCEGURU a tech that works for the site, the payment you made to the site is not automatically credited to me nor do I receive all of the payment you made. The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR using the 5 STAR RATING SYSTEM on your page before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks